Jay Arthur's Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare
Tired of Medication Errors, Treatment Delays and Deviation Costing You Patients, Adverse Outcomes, Time and Profit?
Typical Lean Six Sigma training takes 10-20 days spread over 2-4 months at costs ranging from $5,000 to $40,000 per person.
The goal of these trainings is to turn you into a statistician. Do you want statisticians or employees who can solve pressing problems?
We turn "gut feel, trial-and-error driven" participants into data driven problem solvers in one day with up to 25 people for as little as $15,975.
It's a crash course designed to put you in the fast lane to Lean Six Sigma results.
Jay presenting Lean Six Sigma Simplified at NAHQ 2009.
Call 1-888-468-1537 now to book Jay for Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare training.
How can Jay do in a day what others do in five?
The answer is simple.
Why are most Lean Six Sigma trainings five or more days? One of Jay's friends who worked for a big Six Sigma training company says the answer is simple: Billable Hours! The more hours you teach, the more money you can charge.
Why do these companies push expensive and complex SPC software? Billable Hours. The more complex the software, the longer it takes to learn.
After years of using these methods and tools, Jay found that he used a handful of tools and methods to solve virtually all problems. And that's what he teaches. He also found that the QI Macros make it easy to learn and use the tools. As one customer puts it, it shifts the discussion from how complex and hard it seems, to "what does the data tell us?"
Jay also uses many accelerated learning techniques (like using your data instead of made up case studies).
Why doesn't Jay want more billable hours? Because he'd have to violate Pareto's rule: 20% of the methods and tools will produce over 80% of the results. (The other 80% of the methods and tools will only produce 20% of the results. They're a waste of your time and his!)
We don't do it all, of course. We call it Lean Green Five Sigma training, because we only teach you the essential methods and tools you need to start achieving results and moving toward 5-sigma.
Most companies aren't ready for all of the complex methods and tools required to achieve Six Sigma.
If your company is like other successful and profitable companies, you may not be sure that Lean Six Sigma can improve your bottom line, but after looking at all kinds of companies, I can tell you that most are successful and profitable while barely 3 sigma. They have no idea how much more productive and profitable they can be at 4- and 5- sigma.
You don't need to be a Black Belt in statistical methods to start making big gains. You only need a few key methods and tools and lots of improvements to achieve 5-sigma. By the time you get up to 5-sigma, you'll have pocketed enough money to send anyone you want to Black Belt training. And you'll know who has the aptitude for it.
And we tailor our training to your company's data and needs, because you learn better when it's relevant to your job. We like to develop improvement stories right in the classroom so that you'll be ready to start root cause analysis immediately.
Is it right for you?
- Do you have 10 or more employees to train?
- Would you like to save money on tuition and travel?
- Would you like to get training tailored to your needs?
- Would you like to start getting results as quickly as possible?
What People Are Saying...
Jay Arthur's one day, Lean Six Sigma Simplified workshop is perfect for healthcare. Believe me... I drank the Kool-Aid. I'm a Black Belt and the complete, detailed Six Sigma process and trained Black Belts are useful if you're designing and building sophisticated medical equipment, but can be overkill if you just want to improve patient flow and reduce medical errors.
- Cris Taylor
I had one office person go to a Greenbelt training class which used Minitab®. He came back and couldn't even create a Pareto chart. I showed him how to do it with QI Macros and he learned how to do it in, well, 5 seconds. tough stuff.
- Patient Safety Manager
You are to be commended for the curriculum that you have put together for Green Belt training. It is straight forward and much easier to grasp than the material I have seen from other more expensive programs.
- Kevin Beard
- Understand Lean Six Sigma and what it can do for your patients and your bottom line
- Learn the differences between Lean and Six Sigma and the surprisingly simple methods and tools you need to start making big improvements immediately.
- Understand how to implement Lean Six Sigma using a crawl-walk-run approach that will, surprisingly, maximize your benefits while minimizing your risks and costs
- Understand how to laser-focus your improvement teams for breakthrough results
- Understand how to use a few key tools for measurement/analysis to drive breakthrough improvement in your mission critical processes
Lean Six Sigma Overview
- What is Lean?
- What is Six Sigma?
- TQM versus Six Sigma
- How to Successfully Implement Six Sigma and Avoid the Pitfalls
Laser Focus the Improvement
- Three Key Processes: Focus, Improve, Sustain
- The Master Improvement Story
- The 4/50 Rule
Improve the Process
- How to Double Your Speed Using Lean Thinking
- How to Double Your Quality Using Six Sigma
- Working Session to Create a Improvement Stories
- Identify Mission Critical Processes
- What are the key areas of customer pain about our service?
- Link areas of pain to process improvement efforts
Sustain the Improvement
- Flowcharting the Process
- Choosing Control Charts
- Analyzing Stability
- Analyzing Capability
Improvement Stories for Your Business
Identification of Data to be Used or Gathered
Understanding of Lean Six Sigma and How to Implement It to Avoid the Common Pitfalls
- Includes up to four hours of data analysis for us to prepare for the workshop.
- 8 hours
- up to 25
- (option 1): $10,000 for 1 day, plus $1,000 travel expenses ($1,500 if less than 30 days in advance) and QI Macros software for up to 25 participants at $199 each (required). Printed training materials are provided for each participant at no additional cost.
- (option 2): $23,000 - Option 1 plus an additional day of individual and/or team coaching/consulting to gather data and develop improvement projects. (Must be the day before or after training.)
- Ongoing Online Coaching - $350/One hour team meeting.
Improvement teams sometimes need some help getting started. Jay can meet online with teams to help analyze their data and focus the improvement effort.
- Ongoing refresher training - Free! Participants can watch video training about any method or tool online at www.lssyb.com..
- Computer Lab: To maximize learning, we recommend using a computer lab or laptop computers equipped with Microsoft Excel. There should be at least one computer for every two participants.
- Data: We also need Excel spreadsheets of data about your defects, delays, and costs that can be used for the training. These are needed at least seven days before the training begins.
Green Belt Certification
Just attending the class won't get you certified as a green belt, but completing an improvement project and submitting all of the documentation of your methods and tools will. Up to nine members per team can be certified for only $995/team.