How to Draw Pareto Charts Using QI Macros
Pareto Chart Basics and Advanced Features
QI Macros Pareto charts contain all of the required elements plus some unique time saving features:
- Cumulative line chart with percentages. Starts from top right corner of first bar.
- Bars do not touch. Bars > 20% are colored.
- Choose the # of bars you want - the remaining categories are summarized into an "Other" bar to the far right.
- Create multiple Pareto charts at once.
- Draw a Pareto chart from raw text data without needing to sort and subtotal first.
- Draw a Pareto chart directly from a PivotTable.
Here's How to Create a Pareto Chart in Excel Using QI Macros
NOTE: If you have less than 1,000 rows of data, and receive the following prompt, make sure you have selected your data set or column heading(s), instead of your ENTIRE column:
How to Create Multiple Pareto Charts With One Click
Data should share the same categories (col A)
How to Create Pareto Charts on Raw Text Data Not Yet Summarized
Make sure the column has a heading. Click on the heading (i.e. B1).
Create Paretos Directly From a Pivot Table
Use the Ctrl key to select non-adjacent columns. Don't select the total.