Use Pareto Charts to Show Results
Use before and after Paretos to demonstrate process improvements
I really like the QI Macros. The Pareto chart is worth the purchase price of the whole deal.
Mike Dean, Ellwood Texas Forge
Step by step instructions on how to create multiple Pareto charts at once
- To create two or more Pareto charts using QI Macros, select one column of labels and two or more columns of data.
- Click on the QI Macros Menu then Pareto Chart to draw both charts:
- QI Macros will create a Pareto chart for each column of data you selected.
Use Before and After Pareto Charts to Demonstrate Improvements
In this example, defect type G represented the biggest bar on the before improvement pareto chart. It accounted for 91 defects and was 33.7% of all defects.
To confirm that improvements were made, we should look for defect type G on the after improvement pareto chart.
In the after improvement pareto, there were only 9 defect type Gs and they only accounted for 6.1% of total defects.
This data confirms the countermeasures for defect type G were successful. Now the team can turn it's attention to the next big bar, defect type E which now accounts for 30.2% of defects.
More Reasons to Choose QI Macros
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free