Weighted Pareto Chart Template
Use when some error categories are more costly than others.
For example, some categories may:
- be more expensive to fix
- take more time to fix
- have a greater impact on the customer.
QI Macros add-in for Excel contains a Weighted Pareto Chart template.
To open the template, select the "Chart Templates" drop-down > and open "Pareto Chart":
Next, select the "Weighted Pareto Chart" tab:
To create a Pareto chart:
- Input your category descriptions in column A, the number of defects in column B, and the weight you want to assign to each defect in column C.
- If you have more than 10 rows (e.g. types of defects or errors) consider consolidating them into an "Other" category using the input cell in J1.
- Double Click the "Update Chart" button that is located to the right of the chart.
- QI Macros will perform all of the calculations and draw the Weighted Pareto.
In this example, the "Damage" category is the biggest bar on the chart, even though there were only 6 defects. It is the biggest bar, because it has the highest weighted value (30 = 6 defects x 5 weight.)
How to Create a Pareto Chart of Weighted Costs
If you know both the # of defects and cost for each defect, consider the cost per defect as the "weight".
Input the number of defects in column B and the cost per defect in column C. Now double click the "Update Chart" button to get a Pareto chart of weighted costs per location.
I really like the QI Macros. The Pareto Chart is worth the purchase price of the whole deal.
Mike Dean, Ellwood Texas Forge
- Learn how to create Pareto charts in Excel using QI Macros add-in
- Summarize Data with a PivotTable and Create a Pareto with One Click
- Paynter Chart Template
Reasons to Choose QI Macros to Draw Your Six Sigma Charts
- Only $329 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free