QI Macros for Excel and Data Mining Workshop
Up Your Data Analysis Skills in One Day
Even though the QI Macros are easy to learn and use, you might want a more in-depth class on all of its features and applications for data mining and analysis.
- Understand how to use QI Macros charts for Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement efforts.
- Understand how to use QI Macros templates
- Understand how to use the Statistical Tools
- Understand how to use PivotTables and the Data Mining Tools
Prework - we need your data
To maximize learning, we use your data for examples. Excel files of delay, defects and variation must be available at least one week before class begins. We'd be happy to sign a nondisclosure statement.
- Learn how to draw and interpret control charts to analyze process stability. Is your process repeatable and predictable?
- Learn how to draw and interpret histograms to analyze process capability. Is your process meeting customer requirements?
- Learn how to draw and interpret Pareto charts to focus improvement efforts. Where should you start?
- Learn how to draw fishbones, flowcharts, value stream maps and other diagrams using QI Macros templates.
- Learn how to run and interpret statistical tests using QI Macros.
- Learn how to use data mining tools to manipulate tables of data and analyze "comments".
- Learn how to use the Data Mining Wizard to turn corporate data into powerful improvement stories.
Post Workshop Webinar
Webinar held one to two weeks after the workshop to solidify participants knowledge and answer additional questions.
Course Materials Provided to Each Participant
- QI Macros Example Book
- Lean, Six Sigma and SPC Quick Reference Cards
Other Workshop Information
- Length - 8 hours
- Participants - up to 25
- Facilities - A computer lab or laptop computers are essential to learning the QI Macros.
Total cost depends on whether travel is involved and the # of participants needing QI Macros licenses.
- $10,000 for one-day workshop (additional days on same trip are $7,000/day),
- plus $1,000 travel expenses ($1,500 if travel plans need to be made less than 30 days in advance)
- plus QI Macros licenses at the discounted rate of $199 each. (all participants are required to have a license).