Love Bug Diagram
Use it to identify factors contributing to and working to prevent an event, incident or defect.
The Love Bug diagram combines two fishbone diagrams. The fishbone on the left documents factors that cause or contribute to an event. The fishbone on the right documents factors that work to prevent an event from occurring.
To access the Love Bug Diagram, open the Fishbone Diagram found in the Improvement Tools drop-down menu:
Once the Fishbone template is open, select the "Love Bug Diagram" template from the tab list at the bottom of the spreadsheet:
Analyze root causes like you would for a fishbone diagram.
- Put the problem statement in the head of the fish and the major causes at the end of the major bones. Major causes include:
- Processes, machines, materials, measurement, people, environment
- Steps of a process (step 1, step 2, etc.)
- Whatever makes sense
- Begin with the most likely main cause.
- For each cause, ask "5 Whys."
- Circle one-to-five ROOT causes (end of the "5 whys" chain).
- Verify the root causes with data (Pareto chart or Scatter Diagram).
- Fishbone Analysis - Five Whys to Get to the Root Cause
- Types of Fishbone Diagrams
- Customizing QI Macros Fishbone Template
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Six Sigma Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free