Love Bug Diagram
Part of QI Macros' Root Cause Analysis
To access the Love Bug Diagram, open the Fishbone Diagram found in the Improvement Tools drop-down menu:
Once the Fishbone template is open, select the "Love Bug Diagram" template from the tab list at the bottom of the spreadsheet:
How to Analyze Root Causes Using the Lovebug Diagram:
- Put the problem statement in the head of the fish and the major causes at the end of the major bones. Major causes include:
- Processes, machines, materials, measurement, people, environment
- Steps of a process (step 1, step 2, etc.)
- Whatever makes sense
- Begin with the most likely main cause.
- For each cause, ask "5 Whys."
- Circle one-to-five ROOT causes (end of the "5 whys" chain).
- Verify the root causes with data (Pareto chart or Scatter Diagram).
- Automated Ishikawa Diagram Template in Excel
- Types of Fishbone Diagrams
- Cause Effect Matrix Template
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Six Sigma Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free