PivotTable Exercise Dojo
Practice Using PivotTables to Develop Improvement Stories
After installing QI Macros 30-day trial, open My Documents\QI Macros Test Data\pivottable.xls
Use QI Macros PivotTable Wizard or Excel's PivotTable function to summarize the data in each of the worksheets. Then:
- Draw Control Charts to show defects or costs over time.
- Draw Pareto Charts to narrow the focus.
- When appropriate, in the PivotTable, double click on a Total for the "big" bar on the pareto to "drill down". Can you do another level of pareto?
- Insert an Ishikawa/Fishbone diagram into the PivotTable.
- Modify the problem statement to reflect one of the "big bars" on the pareto chart.
- Each of the three sheets should have a control chart, pareto chart and fishbone diagram when you're done.