Type 3 Gage R&R Study
QI Macros Template Makes It Easy to Run a Type 3 Gage R&R Study
- Typical Gage R&R studies use 10 parts, 2-3 appraisers and 2-3 trials (3 x 3 x 10).
- A Type 3 Gage R&R study uses 30 parts, one appraiser (CMM machine), 5 trials (1 x 5 x 30).
To Conduct a Type 3 Gage RR Study Using QI Macros:
Open the Gage R&R Template and click on the Type 3 GRR tab.
- The input area is 30 columns (parts) x 5 rows (trials). Input your measurements into these cells.
- QI Macros will calculate GR&R using the Average and Range method (the ANOVA method does not apply). You may also set the Specification Tolerance:
- Select the Constant you would like to use for your study (6 or 5.15):
6 (AIAG Standard): Introduced in AIAG 3rd Edition, this constant assumes that 99.73% of data falls within the Standard Deviation of the mean.
5.15 (Alternate multiplier): Introduced in AIAG 1st Edition, this old AIAG standard assumes that 99% of data falls within the Standard Deviation of the mean.
Why Choose QI Macros Gage R&R Software for Excel?
- Only $329 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets Results for You
- Accurate Results Without Worry
Proven and Trusted
- Compatible with AIAG 4th Ed.
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free