Looking for a Type 3 Gage R&R Study Template?
QI Macros has a ready made Type 3 Gage R&R template for you.
- Typical Gage R&R studies use 10 parts, 2-3 appraisers and 2-3 trials (3 x 3 x 10).
- A Type 3 Gage R&R study uses 30 parts, one appraiser (CMM machine), 5 trials (1 x 5 x 30).
To Conduct a Type 3 Gage RR Study using QI Macros template:
Open the Gage R&R Template and click on the Type 3 GRR tab.
- The input area is 30 columns (parts) x 5 rows (trials). Input your measurements into these cells.
- QI Macros will calculate GR&R using the Average and Range method (the ANOVA method does not apply). You may also set the Specification Tolerance in cell B45.
- Next select the constant you would like to use for your study in cell H:64. Choose between 6 or 5.15.
- That's it! QI Macros makes all of the calculations and helps you interpret the results.
6 (AIAG Standard): Introduced in AIAG 3rd Edition, this constant assumes that 99.73% of data falls within the Standard Deviation of the mean.
5.15 (Alternate multiplier): Introduced in AIAG 1st Edition, this old AIAG standard assumes that 99% of data falls within the Standard Deviation of the mean.
When to Use With Interaction and Without Interaction
If your p value in Appraiser x Part < 0.05 (or your Alpha), use With Interaction
If your p value in Appraiser x Part > 0.05 (or your Alpha), use Without Interaction
You don't have to be an expert.
Use QI Macros Type 3 template to mistake-proof your calculations.
QI Macros Draws These Charts Too!