Type 1 Gage R&R Study
QI Macros Template Makes It Easy to Run a Type 1 Gage R&R Study
- Typical Gage R&R studies use 10 parts, 2-3 appraisers and 2-3 trials (3x3x10).
- A Type 1 Gage R&R study uses only one part, one appraiser, one gage and 50 trials (1x1x50).
To Conduct a Type 1 Gage RR Study Using QI Macros:
Open the Type 1 Template and enter:
- the fifty measurements
- USL, LSL, tolerance and reference value into the appropriate cells. The part must have a known reference value (measured independently to a high degree of accuracy) and USL, LSL or tolerance.
QI Macros Type 1 template will calculate the capability of the gage (Cg) and bias (Cgk). Values greater than 1.33 are considered acceptable. If values are less than 1.33, the measurement system needs improvement.
So, there, in a nutshell is Type 1 Gage R&R . Your goal is to minimize the amount of variation and error introduced by measurement, so that you can focus on part variation. This, of course, leads you back into the other root causes of variation: process, machines, and materials.
Why Choose QI Macros Gage R&R Software for Excel?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets Results for You
- Accurate Results Without Worry
Proven and Trusted
- Compatible with AIAG 4th Ed.
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free