Looking for a Type 1 Gage R&R Template in Excel?
QI Macros Has a Ready Made Gage R&R Type 1 Template For You!
- Typical Gage R&R studies use 10 parts, 2-3 appraisers and 2-3 trials (3x3x10).
- A Type 1 Gage R&R study uses only one part, one appraiser, one gage and 50 trials (1x1x50).
To Conduct a Type 1 Gage RR Study Using QI Macros:
Find the Type 1 Template by clicking on QI Macros menu > DOE, Gage R&R, FMEA > Gage R&R. The template includes several types of Gage R&R studies including the Type 1. Next enter:
- the fifty measurements
- USL, LSL, tolerance and reference value into the appropriate cells. The part must have a known reference value (measured independently to a high degree of accuracy) and USL, LSL or tolerance.
Interpreting the Type 1 Results
QI Macros Type 1 template calculates the capability of the gage (Cg) and bias (Cgk).
- Values greater than 1.33 are considered acceptable.
- If values are less than 1.33, the measurement system needs improvement.
Remember, your goal is to minimize the amount of variation and error introduced by measurement, so that you can focus on part variation. This, of course, leads you back into the other root causes of variation: process, machines, and materials.
You don't have to be an expert.
Use QI Macros Type 1 template to mistake-proof your calculations.
QI Macros Draws These Charts Too!