Attribute Agreement Analysis in Excel
For Visual Inspection or Other Types of Subjective Tests
When to Perform Attribute Agreement Analysis:
- Perform an Attribute Agreement Analysis to evaluate performance by appraisers when they have to make a subjective judgment (pass-fail, high-medium-low) about the quality of a part, invoice, candidate, or whatever.
To Perform an Attribute Agreement Analysis Using QI Macros:
- Open QI Macros Gage R&R Template by clicking on QI Macros, then DOE Gage R&R FMEA then Gage R&R.
- Click on the Attribute Gage Worksheet tab to open the Attribute Gage Study Template.
- Select 10 parts or more and use an expert or some kind of process to determine the reference value (actual measurements) for each. Enter the reference values directly into column L and the spec limits into cells N3 and O3. The worksheet will calculate the Pass/Fail reference in column K.
- If a value is outside of the spec limits, column K will show "0" for Fail. If the value is within the spec limits, column K will show "1" for Pass. Another option is to input the pass/fail references directly into column K (Pass=1, Fail=0). In either case, the goal is to use column K as an "answer key".
- Next input the results from the appraisers in columns B to J. If an appraisers value does not equal the reference answer in column K, the value turns red.
Attribute Agreement Analysis Example Using Data from AIAG MSA Manual, 4th edition
In this example, the values for parts 3, 4, 5, and 9 are outside of the spec limits (.45 to .545). Therefore, the reference values in column K all show "Pass" except for for these parts. Now compare the appraisers answers with the reference and see which values turn red.
Now lets look at the analysis done by QI Macros template.
Per columns BD:BF, Appraiser B is the most accurate with only 5 misses, while appraiser C only got 40 out of 50 measurements right.
All appraisers had an unacceptable miss rate of greater than 5% (BE25:27).
Compare appraisers against their own performance and against the standard.
Why Choose QI Macros Gage R&R Software for Excel?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets Results for You
- Accurate Results Without Worry
Proven and Trusted
- Compatible with AIAG 4th Ed.
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free