Attribute Gage Analytic Method
Test the Bias and Repeatability of an Attribute (Pass/Fail) Gage
To Test the Bias of an Attribute Gage Using QI Macros Add-in for Excel:
- Open the QI Macros Gage R&R Template by clicking on the QI Macros, then DOE Gage R&R FMEA then Gage R&R:
- Click on the Analytic Attribute Method tab to open the template:
- Determine the spec tolerance (e.g., +/- 0.01) and input it in cell P3.
- Select 8 parts that span the tolerance limits and are equal distances apart. Input the known reference values of the 8 parts in column A.
- Measure each part 20 times using the attribute gage and count the number of times each part is accepted. Input the number of times each part is accepted in column B.
- Review the measurement results to ensure a good test:
- Smallest part must be accepted zero times (a=0)
- The largest part must be accepted all a=20 tries
- The other six parts must be accepted a=1-19 times (not zero or 20)
- If any of the other six parts are accepted 0 or 20, measure another part until you get six between 1-19
- Evaluate the results to assess the performance of the attribute gage.
QI Macros will review the results for you and give you one of two statements:
- Bias Significantly Different from Zero
- Bias Not Significantly Different
Why Choose QI Macros Gage R&R Software for Excel?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets Results for You
- Accurate Results Without Worry
Proven and Trusted
- Compatible with AIAG 4th Ed.
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free