You Can Learn to Use Excel's Conditional Formatting
Conditional Formatting Has a Ton of Applications - here are a few
To Change the Color of the Bars on a Gantt Chart
- Select "Manage Rules" under "Conditional Formatting," which is found under the "Home" tab in Excel:
- Next, open the "Edit Formatting Rule" window and select "Format" and "Fill." Select your color, press "OK," then "Apply."
- Repeat this for all (3) rules found in the template.
To Change the Color on Specific Parts of the Bar
- Select the cells you wish to change the color of. Then, select "New Rule" under "Conditional Formatting"
- Next, open the "Edit Formatting Rule" window and select "Format only cells that contain." Then, select the cells you wish to change the color of, in "Format only cells with Cell Value between _ and _."
- Lastly, select your color through the "Format" button, press "OK," then "Apply.
Isn't it Time to Upgrade Your Excel Charting Skills?
Stop trying to make your spreadsheets easy to read. Nobody wants to read your spreadsheet!
And stop using primitive line, pie and bar charts.
Isn't it time to graduate to Smart Charts: Control Charts, Pareto charts and Histograms?
Stop Struggling with Excel Charts!
Start creating Smart Charts in just minutes.
SPC Charts Included in QI Macros for Excel