Breakthrough Improvements Using Excel
The Long Suppressed SECRET to Maximizing Profits
Every company wastes one-third of total revenues:
- Fixing stuff that shouldn't need fixing (rework)
- Throwing stuff away that can't be fixed (waste)
- Doing stuff that no one wants (waste)
Excel PivotTables are the Secret for Finding Hidden Riches in Any Business!
Videos by Chapter
Chapter 1: Spreadsheet Design for Breakthrough Improvement
Chapter 2: Excel Formulas for Breakthrough Improvement
Chapter 4: The Magnificent Seven Tools for Breakthrough Improvement
Chapter 5: Follow the Money for Breakthrough Improvement
Chapter 6: Wheres the Pain?
Chapter 8: Excel Power Tools for Breakthrough Improvement
Chapter 9: Breakthrough Improvement Using Excel
Install QI Macros 30-day trial. Open pivottable.xlsx sample data under QI Macros Help tab on far right of menu. Create a Pivottable and:
- Use Control Charts to show defects or costs over time.
- Use Pareto Charts to narrow the focus.
- In the PivotTable, double click on a Total for the "big" bar on the pareto to "drill down". Can you do another level of pareto?
- Insert a Fishbone diagram into the sheet.
- Modify the problem statement to reflect the "big bar" on the pareto chart.
Each of the three sheets should have a control chart, pareto chart and fishbone diagram.