Data Mining Wizard Step-by-Step Video and Example
Learn what the data mining wizard can do for you.
What are Customers saying about our Data Mining Tool?
"I was very well impressed with the functionality of QI Macros Data Mining Wizard. This certainly saves time and cuts down the chart populating process substantially. I will be recommending this tool to my colleagues here at work and within the ASQ leadership community."
- Jerrod Higgins
Where Do I Find QI Macros Data Mining Wizard?
You'll find the Data Mining Wizard in the Data Mining tools section of the menu:
Step by Step Example of the Data Mining Wizard
All you need is some data in Excel. Just select two column headings (preferably a date and currency, number or text). In this case it's a date and lost time due to some sort of failure:
Then just click on the Data Mining Wizard. It will:
- Analyze the entire table to determine if the field contains dates, dollars, numbers, text or sentences.
- Use Excel's PivotTable tool to summarize the data.
- Draw a control chart using the selected fields (one must be a date, not just Jan/Feb/Mar):
- Change the PivotTable and draw Pareto charts using the remaining columns:
- Drill down into Line 3 to look for more detailed, lower level Pareto charts:
- Create a fishbone (Ishikawa) diagram from the "big Bar" on the Pareto Chart:
- Repeat the analysis for other Pareto charts and fishbone diagrams.
- Summarize the analysis, charts and possible improvement projects in one worksheet:
That's all there is to it. Click on two column headings and click on the new QI Macros Data Mining Wizard.
Other Reasons to Choose QI Macros Excel Add-in
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free