Comparing Two Histograms in Excel
View Before and After Histograms Side by Side
It's hard enough to create one histogram using Excel's Data Analysis Toolpack much less two histograms side by side. But its easy with the QI Macros Histogram Template
Creating Side by Side Histograms is Easy Using QI Macros
- Just click on the QI Macros Menu, SPC Charts and then the Histogram Template. Then select the second tab "Compare 2 Histograms."
- Input the data and spec limits for both histgrams in the yellow shaded areas.
- Histogram 1: data in columns A to E and spec limits in P1 and P2.
- Histogram 2 : data in columns F to J and spec limits in Z1 and Z2.
- The histograms with bell curves are created to the right. Right click on the Y axis to change minimum or maximun values if you want the scales to be the same.
- Process capability metrics Cp Cpk Pp Ppk are also calculated for comparison.
Learn More About Histograms
- Watch video of how to create a histogram using the QI Macros
- Create Histogram Using QI Macros menu
- Frequency Histogram