Comparing Histograms in Excel
Histograms show the spread, or dispersion, of data. The easiest way to compare histograms is to stack one on top of the other. The top shows the baseline data and the bottom shows the improved data.
In the charts above, you can see that the variation has been reduced so that all of the bottle bursting strengths fit between the USL and LSL.
Using Cp and Cpk to Compare Histograms
The Process Capability Indicies (Cp and Cpk) can be used to compare histograms.
Cp and Cpk have improved to more than 1.0 (3 sigma).
Learn More About Histograms
- Watch video of how to create a histogram using the QI Macros
- Histogram Examples
- How to Determine Histogram Bin Interval
- Make a Histogram in Excel
- Process Capability Analysis with Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk
- Frequency Histogram
- Frequency Histogram Examples