Fishbone Diagram Template in Excel
Tired of Trying to Draw Fishbone Diagrams Manually?
Use the Ishikawa or fishbone diagram template (a.k.a. cause and effect diagram) to conduct Root Cause Analysis of delay, waste, rework or cost.
Create a Fishbone Diagram in Three Easy Steps with QI Macros
- Point - to the Fishbone Diagram Template, on the QI Macros Menu, in Excel:
- Fill in the Blanks - Select the style of fishbone analysis you want (Cell F10) and then input your text in the yellow shaded cells. When you are done, click "Create Fishbone":
- Analyze and Improve - QI Macros will automatically create a fishbone diagram for you:
If you want to copy the fishbone diagram template from Excel to PowerPoint or Word, go back to the "Outline" sheet and click on the blue "Copy" button. You can then paste the fishbone diagram as either a picture or drawing object. Pictures are static. Drawing objects can be revised.
You can also use Excel's drawing tools (Insert Shapes [XL2007+] or View-Toolbars-Drawing [XL2000-2003]) to customize the fishbone diagram.
Watch Video of Our Automated Fishbone Diagram Template
- The Key to Fishbone Analysis - the 5 Whys
- Customizing the Fishbone Diagram Template
- Types of Fishbone Diagrams