Box and Whisker Plot Maker in Excel
See How Easily You Can Create Professional Box and Whisker Plots in Excel
Box and Whisker Plots are like simple histograms turned on their side. Use them to analyze the variation between data sets (i.e. the values of the median for each set compared to the others) or the variation within a dataset (i.e. how big is the box and how long are the whiskers).
Box and Whisker Plot Elements Explained
Box and Whisker Plots show variation and central tendency of data due to time, parts, and production tools. They are like simple histograms.
- The box represents the distance between the 1st and 3rd quartiles--the InterQuartile Range (IQR=Q3-Q1).
- The whiskers are 1.5*IQR or the highest / lowest point within the range.
- Outlier points are those that are greater than 1.5*IQR.from Q1 or Q3.
Box and Whisker Plots Can be Difficult to Make in Excel
However, QI Macros Box and Whisker Plot Generator for Excel Makes it Easy.
To Create a Box and Whisker Plot in Excel using QI Macros
- Just click and drag over your data in an Excel worksheet to select it.
- Then click on the QI Macros menu and then Box Whisker Plot
- QI Macros will ask if you want the box whiskers plot data grouped by rows or columns.
- QI Macros will perform the calculations and create a box whisker plot for each data group.
Box and Whisker Plot by 18 Rows
Box and Whisker Plot by 4 Columns
Box and Whisker Plots are easy to read but are hard to create manually or in Excel. Use a box and whisker plot generator like QI Macros for Excel to save time and get the calculations right.