QI Macros Technical Support
Most Common Support Questions for Office 365
QI Macros Menu does not Appear in Excel
This is because your Microsoft security settings has removed the Alternate Startup pathway in Excel, once closed:
Download, open, enable and select the "Click Here to Add QI-Macros" button in the following file: Add-QIMacros.xlsm
- Once you have done so, completely quit out of Excel and reopen.
- Do you now see the QI Macros menu in your Excel ribbon? If not, see manual instructions below.
Manual way to restore QI Macros Add-in:
- Open Excel and select File > Options > Advanced
- In the Advanced section, scroll down to the "General" portion, and in the "At startup, open all files in" textbox, input the following: C:\Program Files\QIMacros\xlstart\
- Press "OK," close Excel and reopen - you should now see the QI Macros menu in your Excel ribbon.
Common Problems & Questions
- 1904 (Build: 11601.20178) | Released: February 2019 (Monthly Channel) (Release History)
To check which version you currently have installed, go into Excel and select File > Account About Excel
If you have a version of QI Macros from 2013 to 2016, you might consider updating to the lastest version of QI Macros, as these versions would not be compatible w/ the latest Office 365 releases.
Otherwise, when you install a new version of Excel, QI Macros is not automatically moved to the new startup folder. You can reinstall from your backup CD or if you no longer have it, you will have to do this manually.
How to Move QI Macros
You may be able to move the old files to the new location using this tool: XLUpgrade.bat. Download and double click on it to move your files - then open Excel.
How to Move QI Macros Manually
1. Navigate to the c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\xlstart (Windows 7, 8, and 10)
- Excel 2007 files are in Office12
- Excel 2010 files are in Office14
- Excel 2013 files are in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office15\xlstart
- Excel 2016 files are in c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\xlstart
Note: If you had to reinstall using an older QI Macros installer, your files may be in c:\xlstart.
Or you can upgrade to the latest version of QI Macros.
2. Copy the files and folders shown below:
3. Navigate to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office 16\xlstart. You may have to create an xlstart directory.
4. Paste the files and templates into Excel's xlstart folder.
5. Restart Excel.
Warning: If your version of QI Macros is older than December 2012, you will need to upgrade your QI Macros. Older versions are not compatible with Office 365.
Installation Instructions and Troubleshooting
- Close Excel.
- Double click on the QI Macros setup.exe file to run the installation wizard.
- Answer the prompts.
- Open Excel, you should see "QI Macros" on your menu bar:
If the installation wizard ran correctly and you don't see QI Macros on your menu bar, Excel may have disabled the file. Its easy to re-enable the file.
- In Excel, click on File, Options and then on Add-Ins in the left-hand column.
- Then Click on Manage Excel Add-ins at the bottom of the screen and click on the arrow next to the box and select Disabled Items:
- Then Click on the GO button next to your selection to see all disabled items:
- Click on each of the qi macros disabled items and click Enable.
- Once you've enabled all of the QI Macros disabled items, exit Excel and start Office 365. The qimacros.xla or qimacros.xlam file should open automatically.
If the necessary files are located in the proper location:
- Check to see if Excel removed the "At startup, open all files in" pathway when Excel was closed. To do so, open Excel and select File > Options > Advanced.
- In the Advanced portion of Excel, scroll down to "General" and look to see if C:\Program Files\QIMacros\xlstart\ is inputted in the "At startup, open all files in" section:
- If this window is blank, input the startup pathway listed above, press OK, close Excel and reopen Excel - you should now see the QI Macros menu in your Excel ribbon.
Or, the installer might not have been able to locate the proper Excel pathway. With that, it would have placed the necessary install files directly onto your C drive, in a folder labeled, "XLSTART." If so, copy the contents of the XLSTART folder (qimacros.xlam and QITemplates folder) and paste them into one of the following pathways, depending on your version of Excel:
- Excel 2013: C:\Program File\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office 15\XLSTART
- Excel 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office 16\XLSTART
Test data for the charts is located at C:\Program Files\QIMacros\test data. You can use these spreadsheets or your own data to practice with the charts.
Basically you just select your data, go up to the menu bar and select the chart you want to run. Templates like the FMEA, Gage RR and DOE can be accessed by choosing the Lean Six Sigma Templates from the pull down menu.
QI Macros is loaded in the XLStart folder at c:\program files\qimacros\xlstart (September 2017) or c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\xlstart. Your XLStart folder should contain the following files:
If you installed Office 365, 32-bit on Windows 64-bit, look here: c:\program files (x86)\microsoft office\root\office16\xlstart
Note: If the necessary install file are not located in any of the pathways listed above, see if they are perhaps found in the following pathway: c:\ Users\ AppData\ Local\ VirtualStore\ Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Office\ Office (11,12,14,15,16)\ XLSTART
If you are having problems accessing the menu or templates and your XLStart folder contains some kind of temporary file, delete the temporary file and see if this solves the problem.
If you open Excel Office 365, and the "start up" window does not appear, this is an indicator that your version of Office needs to be Repaired:
To repair, go to your Control Panel and select Programs > Programs and Features > Microsoft Office 365 > Change > Quick Repair.
Once the repair has completed, open Excel - you will see the QI Macros in your Excel ribbon.
A small percentage of Office 365 users are finding that when they install Microsoft Office, VBA is not included. Unlike Office 2010 or 2007, you are not able to go into the Control Panel and simply select what features you want to include or disable in your Office Suite – VBA is supposed to be automatically included.
If it is not included, Microsoft says the workaround is to perform a Quick Repair via the Control Panel (Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office 2016 > Change).
If that does not work, run an Online Repair.
If that does not work, completely uninstall Microsoft Office, using their “Fix It” tool: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2013-Office-2016-or-Office-365-from-a-Windows-computer-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=USThis will remove any traces of the previously installed version of Microsoft Office. Once completed, run a “clean install” from your Office 365 account.
If you are receiving a Runtime Error 52, this is because the necessary QI Macros install files are located in two separate places on your device. With that, QI Macros does not know which location to open the files from.
To troubleshoot this matter, remove the qimacros.xlam file and QITemplates folder from C:\Program Files\QIMacros\xlstart or remove this pathway from the "At startup, open all files in" textbox in the General section, found in Excel - File > Options > Advanced.
Please note that QI Macros is not compatible with Windows 10 S. If you have this Operating System installed, and want to install QI Macros, you must upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro
To Uninstall a QI Macros License or 30-Day Trial
QI Macros is an Excel add-in and not a separate application. Therefore it does not uninstall using Add/Remove programs. Instead follow the instructions below:
Close Excel and click here to download and run the uninstall file
Remove the QIMacros.xlam file in:
Excel 2016 - C:\Program Files\QIMacros\xlstart\ or C:\Program Files(x86)\microsoft office\root\office16\xlstart
Uninstalling the 30-Day trial:
If you uninstall the 30-day trial, you will not be able to reinstall it again. If you need more time to evaluate the software, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an extension.
30-Day Trial Note: Even if you uninstall the 30-day trial you will not be able to re-install it. If you need more time to evaluate QI Macros, send an e-mail to email@example.com and ask for a 15-day trial extension.
Other Issues or Error Messages
QI Macros is an Excel add-in. Therefore, many of the error messages you may receive are Excel error messages caused by your Excel configuration or security settings. Always make sure you have the latest service pak loaded.
We have included the most common errors here. If you can't find the error message and fix you are looking for:
- make sure you have the most recent Excel Service Pack loaded
- search Microsoft's Support page or
- contact us via e-mail at or phone at 1-888-468-1537