How to Make a Scatter Plot in Excel
- Collect 20 or more paired data samples. See scatter plot data example below:
- Label the "effect" variable on left-hand (Y) axis.
- Label the suspected "cause" variable on the bottom (X) axis.
- Plot all of the paired points (the QI Macros will do this for you).
- Analyze the graph for relationships among the variables.
You can also change the trend line to show other distributions. Double click on the trend line and select from one of the other available distributions: logarithmic, Polynomial, Power, Exponential, or Moving Average.