New ISO 9001-2015 Standard Changes
Attended a presentation by Cavendish Scott about the new ISO 9001-2015 standard and changes coming next year. There are several key shifts:
- From effective process management to process management with an added emphasis on “control” (i.e., statistical process control)
- From”products” to “products and services” to include services
- From “documents and records” to “documented information” to include digital information
- From “management” to “leadership” because ISO requires leadership, not just management
- From “HR” to “people” to include employees, customers and suppliers more fully
Companies will have two years to transition to the new standard.
Estimated publication date is September 2015.