Comparing Two Histograms in Excel
View Before and After Histograms Side by Side
It's hard enough to create one histogram using Excel's Data Analysis Toolpak much less two histograms side by side. But it's easy using QI Macros Histogram Template for Excel.
Creating Side by Side Histograms is Easy Using QI Macros
To use the side by side histogram template:
- Click on QI Macros Menu in Excel and select the "Capability Templates" drop-down > "Histogram with Cp Cpk":
- Then select the second worksheet tab "Compare 2 Histograms":
- Input your data in the yellow shaded input areas:
- Histogram 1: Data in columns A to E. Spec Limits are automatically calculated in cells T1 and T2.
(NOTE: You can overwrite these calculations and input your own Spec Limits)
- Histogram 2: Data in columns F to J. Spec Limits in AD1 and AD2 are defaulted to Histogram 1's limits (cells T1 and T2), because the Spec Limits for both Histograms are intended to be the same for a valid comparison.
(NOTE: You can overwrite these default calculations and input your own Spec Limits)
Overlaid Frequency Polygons
Found in our Compare Two Histograms template, a Frequency Polygon is a graph that is used to understand the actual shape of your distribution. Note that this is beneficial when you are comparing multiple data sets/multiple distributions.
It is created by placing a midpoint at the top of each bar/bin from your Histogram. A line is then drawn to connect the tops of said bar/bins, which represents the frequencies within your data set(s)/distribution(s):
Why Choose QI Macros to Perform Capability Analysis and Draw Histograms?
Fast and Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Calculates Cp Cpk Pp Ppk
- Accurate No-Worry Results
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20+ Years
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support