Histogram | One-Sided Tolerance
It's easy to run a Histogram, with a One-Sided / Unilateral Tolerance, using QI Macros SPC software.
To Create a One-Sided Tolerance Histogram, follow these steps:
- Run a Histogram and select "Cancel" when asked for either the USL or LSL, depending on what aspect of your data you wish to have one-sided. You may use the default spec limits or input your own.
- Next, name your chart, along with the x and y-axis.
- Below is an example of a One-Sided Histogram, created with the LSL cancelled. Notice the Cp, CpL, Cpm, Cr, Pp, and PpL metrics are not calculated; these are not included with one-sided Histograms, when the LSL is not included (vice versa when the USL is not included):
(If you select, "Cancel" on both the USL and LSL prompts, you will receive a chart with minimal metrics)
And here's how to create a One-Sided / Unilateral Tolerance Histogram, using the QI Macros Template:
If you would like to create a One-Sided Histogram using the Lean Six Sigma Templates portion of QI Macros, simply delete the USL or LSL and leave the cell blank.
Do not put a "0" into the cell:
- Histogram in Excel with Cp, Cpk
- How to Create a Histogram in Excel, Using QI Macros (video)
- Process Capability in Excel with Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk