QI Macros & Excel Tips
Excel 2007 Workaround for Selected Individual Points on Embedded Control Charts
Embedded Charts in Excel 2007
Excel 2007 will not let you select an individual data point on an embedded chart (a chart located on the same sheet as the data).
Embedded Charts in QI Macros and associated workarounds
QI Macros contains or creates the following embedded Charts: X Chart Macros, Control Chart Templates and Dashboards. If you select a point and then try to delete it, ghost it or show a process change using the chart menu you will receive one of these two error messages:
- If you receive this message, go to the sheet with just the charts (i.e. X chart macro results) and select the point on the stand alone chart to complete the desired function.
- If you receive this message, input the point in the box to complete the desired function (delete point, ghost point or show process change). For example, to ghost the fifth point in your data input a 5.
This issue does not occur in other versions of Excel. Hopefully it will be fixed in an Excel Service Pack.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free