Box and Whisker Plot Diagram in Excel
Use a Box & Whisker Plot to Analyze Variation
Box and Whisker Plots show variation and central tendency of data due to time, parts, and production tools. They are like simple histograms.
- The box represents the distance between the 1st and 3rd quartiles--the InterQuartile Range (IQR=Q3-Q1).
- The whiskers are 1.5*IQR or the highest / lowest point within the range.
- Outlier points are those that are greater than 1.5*IQR.from Q1 or Q3.
Box and Whisker Plots Can be Difficult to Make in Excel
However, the QI Macros Box and Whisker Plot Generator for Excel Makes it Easy.
To Create a Box and Whisker Plot in Excel using QI Macros
- Just click and drag over your data in an Excel worksheet to select it.
- Then click on the QI Macros menu and then Box Whisker Plot
- QI Macros will ask if you want the box whiskers plot data grouped by rows or columns.
- QI Macros will perform the calculations and create a box whisker plot for each data group.
Box Whisker Plot by 18 Rows
Box Whisker Plot by 4 Columns
- Box and Whisker Plot in Excel Video
- Box and Whisker Plot Elements Explained
- Compare QI Macros for Excel Box Whisker Plot to our Competitors